As a central bank, the Bank of Botswana's primary mandate is provision of central banking services. However, in contributing to broader social development in Botswana the Bank does consider, albeit on a limited and selected basis, requests for financial support in the form of grants or donations. These can take the form of one-off donations or more regular support, including annual grants or corporate membership of deserving bodies.
Mindful of the Bank's responsibility to promote good corporate governance and sound financial management, organizations must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for a donation:
- Non-profit organizations registered and in good standing under the Societies Act (Cap 18:01);
- Responsible and well-managed as evidenced by the bona fides of the management, availability of annual reports on their activities and audited annual accounts and a track record of effective performance;
- Perform services of benefit to the whole nation, including, but not limited to:
- conservation of the environment;
- care for the handicapped and socially disadvantaged;
- research and public education on the heritage and development of Botswana;
- sport and recreational services;
- investment and tourism promotion;
- skills development.
Organizations should only apply if they are confident of meeting the above conditions.
For more information or to make a request for a donation, contact the Board Secretary:
Tel: (267) 360 6301
Fax: (267) 397 4859